Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The Secret Revealed..... Bentwood Rocking Chair Wowza!



I have been waiting for what seems like forever to be able to post about this!! You'll have to wait just a little longer to see the BIG reveal! I know, the suspense is killing me too! So, if you have been following along, you know that I have been planning my cousin's baby shower. I painted her nursery last month (you can see that here), and being in charge of the decorations for the shower, I wanted to make sure that I made things that she would be able to use in the nursery. That brings me to my personal Pinterest challenge (seen here). I can't believe I actually managed to get everything done! The first thing I did was this...

The inspiration
{source}
Now I am going to bore you with A LOT of pictures...













You get the point, I know! But I just LOVED how they turned out! They worked great for the shower as decoration, but she can hang them from the ceiling of the nursery! Once I got the hang of it, it wasn't hard, but so time consuming! I plan to make them in red for my daughters' nursery (that's my next project). If you click on the source, there is a great tutorial for it. So I won't go into the details, but the supplies you will need are styrofoam balls, crepe paper, glue gun, and LOTS of glue sticks! I didn't cut the paper into strips, like the tutorial shows, I folded it about 1/3 of the way down.
The next thing I made was
The inspiration
{source}
And mine....
following the tutorial, I typed a bunch of different words on notepad and uploaded them to tagxedo.com

Using Picnik, I removed the web address
from the bottom corner
Then I glued it to a canvas using spray adhesive.....









I custom chose the pink background to match the light pink wall of the nursery.
This wasn't on the list of things to do, but I couldn't help myself (with my love of chalkboards), I added this....


You can see my 3rd challenge in the background, which brings me to.....
The inspiration
{source}
and mine.....
I obviously didn't do hearts, and I used a mobile base that I already had







This was a very last minute decision to make. The shower was on Sunday, and Saturday night at midnight I decided to take this on. I was up till 5 am. Still worth it!

Ok, the BIG reveal that I have been so excited about! If those things weren't enough I wanted to do something really special for baby Ava. I knew that my cousin was really wanting a glider and I had the perfect solution for her. I had this....



But duh, it doesn't match and it's not very cute! But wait! Ok, grab a snack.....LOTS of pics!!!
























 And now in the nursery....





The back needed love too
I actually first did this chair in white with the lyrics to "Somewhere over the rainbow" but white just wasn't practical. I figured if it couldn't stay clean before I could give it to her, it wouldn't last long in use. And I am so happy I decided to go with the pink! But here it is in white:



Pin It
Thanks so much for stopping by and taking your entire evening to read my super long post! If your new here, I would love for you to stay! 





The Pinterest Challenge

Total Pageviews