Wednesday, January 25, 2012

I'm Guest Posting Today! {painting counter tops with chalk paint}

I'm very excited to be guest posting to for the very first time over at The Turquoise Piano! Kelli has an AWESOME blog and I'm honored that she asked me :-) Head on over to The Turquoise Piano if you want to see how my counter tops went from this:


With some Annie Sloan Chalk Paint!!!
Thanks Kelli and all of The Turquoise Piano readers for coming by!

A little "how are they holding up??" update...
It's been about a week and a half since I did these and they are still perfect even after truly continuing to use them!! Not a scratch which is also a bit amazing with 3 kids and a husband. The one thing that I have found that gave me a little scare was when water sits on them, you get the infamous white marks, but as soon as it dries they disappear 100%. And I don't mean the normal wiping them down kinda wet, I mean like a puddle kinda wet. They are great!! No regrets here and I hope this inspires someone to do the unthinkable!!

5 comments:

  1. Hello Jill - it was nice to see your guest post - I really like your kitchen and wow, that was a lot of work but lovely in the end! I love the name of your blog and can tell I'll be back to see what you're up to next. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Your counters look amazing! I so want to do this and cover up my ugly green counters. Thanks for sharing how you did this.

    Lori : )
    Thirfty Decor Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your transformation! I am looking into a product called Giani..countertop. I am wondering how long did it take for you to paint your cabinets?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool! I'll be Guest Posting over at Kelli's on Feb 1st :)

    Nice post and cute kitchen :)

    Smiles, Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found you over at the Turquoise Piano. Great job on your countertops!! I am your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your opinions!

Total Pageviews