Tuesday, June 7, 2011

what I'm working on today......

Share it Please
I got this desk for $20 off of Craigslist a few weeks ago and I seem to be able to work on it only about 20 minutes here and there. 
(not bad for 20 bucks)
I started stripping the (hideous faux marble) paint off of the top and knew I wanted to stain it right away instead of painting it.

(the spindle like wood trim was the worst part!)



Then I sanded the top and the back (because I'm impatient and needed to see what it would look like before I stripped the rest)
SO MUCH BETTER THAN THAT FAKE MARBLE TOP....DON'T YA THINK??



Today I started stripping the paint off of the drawers and the rest of the desk. I began to sand them and hopefully I will have them all sanded and prepared to start finishing them by the end of the day!




I plan to stain the top with a dark stain (haven't picked it out yet)
and the desk with a shade of sweet potato orange and the trim is a nice cream color.
I'm going to look for some new drawer pulls also....maybe I could find some cool vintage ones :-)

I'LL UPDATE YOU AS I GO!!
PICS TO COME SOON

THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!!



3 comments:

  1. the chairs are going to be a hard act to follow since you did such a spectacular job on them but looking forward to the next project

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my blog and following! I'm following you now too:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you finish - would love to see it in orange.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your opinions!

Total Pageviews