Monday, June 27, 2011

Pretty or Practical??


I found this chair Friday on Craigslist.....for FREE!!


I LOVE THE SHAPE OF THIS CHAIR!
 Of course, only I could see the fantastic potential with this piece, but I was SO excited about it!
Originally I planned to re-stain the wood about the same color, so I began sanding off the old.
There was either years of nastiness build up, or years of wax build up and it was a TASK  to remove the old stain! I ended up using a mouse sander and fell in love with the colors of the wood, and the look of it with some of the stain left in the grooves. It reminded me of beautiful, worn leather!
So, I got Minwax polycrylic gloss clear coat (which I chose because I needed it for another project) and it just brought out the beauty even more :-)

And this is what the end result is....



I LOVE THE COLOR! DID I SAY THAT ALREADY??


I re-did this chair with full intentions on selling it, but I just think it's too cute!
I know, 3 kids and 2 dogs....white???
So it pretty, but not practical!

AGAIN....BEFORE AND AFTER

Oh, and I whipped together a matching pillow
doesn't fit the chair, but looks great on the couch!



Friday while on my search, I also found this great trunk for $10!
I plan to turn it into a table or a cute trunk for the end of the bed :)


If you have any ideas for this, leave me comment!

3 comments:

  1. Love, Love that chair... very nicely done!!
    & I have that exact same chair. I could not bare to part with it, as it was my Grandmother's.
    Thanks for showing us, yours...
    We just bought a cottage & have not decided on some color schemes yet.. as soon as I know, I am going to start mine...I have the perfect spot for it... probably won't be white though... BUT love the white & orange that you did...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My initial reactions to the trunk are white, or black or Tiffany blue. I think it depends on where you are putting it. I am sure you will come up with something fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't think about painting it, but I LOVE that idea!! Thanks Lesley, I am definitely going to do that! Thanks for the direction :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your opinions!

Total Pageviews