Friday, June 3, 2011

The 2 things that got me into the furniture business! Almost complete...

Share it Please



I'm not completely finished and still have the other chair to do.....but I was excited to post some pictures that aren't of a frame and some fabric. I can finally see some results to all of my hard work (and it is much harder than I thought it would be!)
I've had a little trouble with the piping not covering all of the staples and my first attempt was not......well, to my satisfaction. So, I pulled it off and now will have to go back to the fabric store and buy more piping to make. Sometimes it doesn't pay to be such a perfectionist! Nobody else would notice the things I do! It's all a learning as I go process, but it's worth it because I just picked up 2 wingback chairs  to reupholster....and I KNOW that it is a much more ambitious project!!  Step by step pictures of this to come soon!

before...I've already ripped off the stinky fabric



(still have to put on the welt)

(I saw this picture on The Nate Show and LOVED it...so I painted it!)


LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!
       








4 comments:

  1. love the transformation, especially the bold shiny black paint- makes it so much more modern!

    wandered over from miss mustard seed's - hello!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Transformation!!!
    Love the black & LOVE the fabric..
    Nicely Done!!
    (stopping by from MMS...) : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you seen Happy Chairs http://www.shawnarobinson.com/ I think you like chairs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dee...thanks for telling me about that blog, I LOVE her chairs!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your opinions!

Total Pageviews