Friday, June 24, 2011

NOT YOUR GRANDPA'S CHAIR

before...beautiful gold fabric


When I was asked if I would be able to reupholster this chair it was described to me as "a grandpa chair." As soon as I saw it, I was so excited to have the opportunity to make it look like a fabulous "modern" chair! I thought that it would be great to take away the pillow back and make it a smooth back and also, instead of having a separate cushion seat, to make it all one piece. I love the shape of this chair and would love to find something like this for my house!
When the fabric was brought to me I had to chuckle....I had a swatch of it in my purse for some of my chairs! I replaced the cushions and put all new padding on it and painted it with a satin finish Valspar black paint.
I have to say that this is my proudest work to date!

AFTER

I HAVE BETTER PICTURES THAT I WILL POST TONIGHT
BUT COULDN'T WAIT FOR THE REVEAL!

A big thanks to Kerrie for allowing me to give this beauty new life!


Linking up:




2 comments:

  1. Wow! Amazing!! Love it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is what I call upcycling. You did an amazing job with this. What a gorgeous piece and modern fabric.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your opinions!

Total Pageviews