Wednesday, June 29, 2011

This time last year

Share it Please


 Not a blog about furniture, but something so much more exciting......

This time last year I was sitting in a hospital bed waiting, and waiting, and then waiting some more. I had gone to the doctor around the 20th of June, 6 months pregnant, for my monthly check up. I was told that I had super high blood pressure and advised to go over to the hospital right away....just to get looked at a little better. I was there with my (then) 4 year old daughter, and was told to maybe have someone come to get her just because I could be there for the day. 
On our walk over to the hospital, I called my husband to have him come, it seemed that only I knew how serious this was. I had just the weekend before watched the episode of a million kids and counting ;-) and saw that she had to have her baby so early because of her blood pressure. I was super frightened. 
We were left with so many unanswered questions.....everyday! I never knew I long I would be there, and nobody could seem to figure out why my blood pressure was so high, and why they couldn't get it down. The head of the NICU came to discuss with me the possible medical issues I might come across if my daughter would be born then, I was 28 weeks gestation. 
I was there 2 weeks before they told me that I would be living there indefinitely, until the day came to deliver. I was on COMPLETE bed rest with 24 hour monitoring.....it SUCKED!!!
Through this time,  my husband was opening up a business, it was summer time, and he had 2 kids to take care of now on his own! (He did fantastic)
Long story short.....after almost a month in the hospital......Gabriella Reese was born!
She was a WHOPPING 2lb.11oz.



she looked like a baby monkey
I know, sounds mean, but she was a cute baby monkey haha


the smallest hand I had ever held


looked so peaceful



not the best picture of me, but this post is about her lol!

Gabriella continued to thrive and was just a miracle! She came home a month later, thanks to the fantastic nurses! She was 4 pounds when she came home


my little cross eyed girl



anyway, almost one year later.....



that hands not so little anymore!

that's some expression, huh?


Gabriella is now almost 18 pounds! Starting to walk, and you would never know how the start of her precious little life was so rough! I'm very blessed and she is the sunshine in my life! Today I am starting to plan her 1st birthday party!!

6 comments:

  1. And she is Beautiful!! What a precious baby,
    God is So good
    Happy Birthday to your sweet one!

    (I have been meaning to get back to you on furniture tips... I'll do that later : )

    Enjoy your celebrating your Gabriella

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kathy, she is a true blessing and I know God had his hand on her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely a sweet, beautiful blessing!

    Blessings & Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet punkin!! What a wonderful outcome. I know it must have been super scary for you. Isn't is amazing what a year can bring?? A year can change everything.

    Thanks for sharing your story with me!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a sweet little thing! Thank goodness for modern medicine to help such a precious little spirit be okay. And ugh I cannot even imagine being stuck in the hospital for a month! That would have been awful. Did they ever have any explanation for why your blood pressure went so high? She is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your opinions!

Total Pageviews