Friday, September 16, 2011

Dining room update

Share it Please
So what started as a project (you can see the beginning here) I thought that I could finish by today (what was I thinking??) has turned into one of those projects that have proven to be one that I should have maybe have waited till the move was over, uhhhh! I have most of it finished already (3 days, not bad) but I'm soooo tired now! Here is how the progress is going....
a reminder of the before:

I put 2 coats of Minwax Dark Walnut on the top...
I can't believe this is what was under that old finish!

followed by 4 coats of wipe on poly....
2 coats of black suede paint on the skirt of the table and the base...



You can't even tell that a chunk of the leg was missing!!
While that dried, I tackled the hutch. I first removed the hardware and took off the doors. The picture is after only one coat of paint, although since I have put 2 coats on, just haven't taken a picture of that yet. I'll post when I have the doors and everything put back on.



This is a picture to show how lazy I am by not taping ;-)
It comes right off with a razor blade!
I still have to paint the chairs, but it's been so cold and with the baby it's been difficult to find that much time away to tackle them....so I decided to redo the seats in the meantime, see what I mean about a small project that just keeps growing??




The first seemed very boring and I have had this fabric for a couple of
months now just waiting to find something to use it on! What's even better is that
it is outdoor fabric that will hold up great with the 3 kids!!
I think that this fabric will be great with the chairs painted black!
I know it would have made more sense to keep the table apart and in the garage till we move next month, but how could I admire it then??
So my husband reluctantly helped me bring it in and put it back together :-)
I've been trying very hard to take a picture that makes it look as good as it does in person, but for some reason, I JUST CAN'T.....so you get a lot of them





I've added a coat of poly on the base and it looks much better.
I still have a couple more coats to do till it's complete
Oh, and I think that the deglosser has worked great! I was able to destress the edges and the sanding didn't take off all the paint! So, in my opinion....a success!!

My next post will be of the finished dining room, hopefully it will be soon!
Have a great weekend, and thanks for stopping by!
Would love to hear what you think!

linking up to:

Feathered Nest Friday

Furniture feature friday

Total Pageviews