Sunday, September 4, 2011

CONTINUED POST OF COFFEE TABLE REDO

I wanted to show what I decided to do to the coffee table (that I thought I hated) that I LOVE! You can see the post here and here is a picture of the before


First I sanded the 1980's finish off


then I primed it with two coats of Kilz primer


I painted the base of the table with a yellow that I found in the oops paint section at Sears Hardware (that I added white to soften it a little)



I distressed it and wiped it down with  black glaze. On the top I used black chalkboard paint (2 coats) and I can't wait for the kids to start having fun with this new coffee table! 
The directions say to wait 4 days before conditioning it with chalk but I couldn't wait to post it!







Thanks for stopping by, and as always, I would love to hear what you think!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your opinions!

Total Pageviews