Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The Secret Revealed..... Bentwood Rocking Chair Wowza!



I have been waiting for what seems like forever to be able to post about this!! You'll have to wait just a little longer to see the BIG reveal! I know, the suspense is killing me too! So, if you have been following along, you know that I have been planning my cousin's baby shower. I painted her nursery last month (you can see that here), and being in charge of the decorations for the shower, I wanted to make sure that I made things that she would be able to use in the nursery. That brings me to my personal Pinterest challenge (seen here). I can't believe I actually managed to get everything done! The first thing I did was this...

The inspiration
{source}
Now I am going to bore you with A LOT of pictures...













You get the point, I know! But I just LOVED how they turned out! They worked great for the shower as decoration, but she can hang them from the ceiling of the nursery! Once I got the hang of it, it wasn't hard, but so time consuming! I plan to make them in red for my daughters' nursery (that's my next project). If you click on the source, there is a great tutorial for it. So I won't go into the details, but the supplies you will need are styrofoam balls, crepe paper, glue gun, and LOTS of glue sticks! I didn't cut the paper into strips, like the tutorial shows, I folded it about 1/3 of the way down.
The next thing I made was
The inspiration
{source}
And mine....
following the tutorial, I typed a bunch of different words on notepad and uploaded them to tagxedo.com

Using Picnik, I removed the web address
from the bottom corner
Then I glued it to a canvas using spray adhesive.....









I custom chose the pink background to match the light pink wall of the nursery.
This wasn't on the list of things to do, but I couldn't help myself (with my love of chalkboards), I added this....


You can see my 3rd challenge in the background, which brings me to.....
The inspiration
{source}
and mine.....
I obviously didn't do hearts, and I used a mobile base that I already had







This was a very last minute decision to make. The shower was on Sunday, and Saturday night at midnight I decided to take this on. I was up till 5 am. Still worth it!

Ok, the BIG reveal that I have been so excited about! If those things weren't enough I wanted to do something really special for baby Ava. I knew that my cousin was really wanting a glider and I had the perfect solution for her. I had this....



But duh, it doesn't match and it's not very cute! But wait! Ok, grab a snack.....LOTS of pics!!!
























 And now in the nursery....





The back needed love too
I actually first did this chair in white with the lyrics to "Somewhere over the rainbow" but white just wasn't practical. I figured if it couldn't stay clean before I could give it to her, it wouldn't last long in use. And I am so happy I decided to go with the pink! But here it is in white:



Pin It
Thanks so much for stopping by and taking your entire evening to read my super long post! If your new here, I would love for you to stay! 





The Pinterest Challenge

15 comments:

  1. How cool! I love this!
    Holly @ Lifeasathrifter.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What amazing projects. You executed them beautifully! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those roses are drop-dead gorgeous. They easily look as good as the inspiration!

    I found you at Wicked Awesome Wednesday. Thanks for sharing so many great projects with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The glider is really awesome! I love the colors. Visiting from COM link party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a beautiful post! Thank you for sharing.

    I'd love for you to share this at our linky party.
    ~Jenn

    http://housewivesofriverton.blogspot.com/2012/02/riverton-houseswives-round-up-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. HOLY COW Jill!!! You've been a busy girl!! I LOVE every single thing about this post :) You ROCK. Thanks so much for linking up this week. I'm featuring you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! So many great project ideas here! I love the rosette balls and the mobile. The rocking chair is AMAZING! What a lucky girl, to have someone like you in her life to make it so beautiful. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!! Those are all so gorgeous! That chair "rocks" my socks off! LOL..I couldn't resist! It's amazing! And I love what you did with the back of the chair!! SO thoughtful!

    I would love to have you share this at my first linky party going on now.

    http://littlebeckyhomecky.blogspot.com/2012/02/fantabulous-friday-1-random-happenings.html

    Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really beautiful projects! You really put so much thought into them for your cousin. Love them! Thank you for your note on my blog! xo
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!! Amazing crafting! I'm so glad you tried out my mobile! Yours looks fabulous, love the circles. The rocking chair is amazing and I love the rosette balls-they are on my crafting list too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everything you've done is so beautiful. I have to tell you I have a little girl named Ava, your Ava rocker is what caught my eye and drew me to your blog. I just about cried at the title of your blog. When my daughter Ava was born she was a micro preemie and the doctors said she wouldn't live. We stood on that scripture Jeremiah 29:11. We told the doctors that God had his own plans for her life. Bless the Lord 3 years later she's a perfect, happy, little girl. I just had to share, what a coincident.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! So many projects in just this one post! Great job on completing so much. I was inspired by the heart mobile too and made my own too!

    We're just starting a new link up party and if you're interested we'd love to have you join in: http://www.waywardgirlscrafts.com/2012/02/wayward-weekend-week-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow...what an inspirational post! Lots of great ideas! I saw you on wayward girls crafts and glad I did. I'm your newest GFC follower and I loved for you to visit my blog. Have a wonderful weekend.

    Marilyn
    4you-withlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a great glider and I completely adore those rose balls. I would love to try them for a party!

    ReplyDelete
  15. First of all...what a very sweet cousin you are! A lot of hard work and love went into all your creations :o)


    Blessings & Aloha!
    I'm stopping by through At the Picket Fence's Inspiration Friday. If you have some time, I'd love for you to take a peek at our daughter's progress for her little one's nursery ~ Nursery time...

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your opinions!

Total Pageviews